Finished Friday

 Good afternoon!

Today is the first "finished Friday" in my blog, so I am rather excited to show you, dear reader, what I have for you. 

I finished 2 books this week. 



The Book of Cold Cases by Simone St. James was the first, and I loved it. 

It was suspenseful, twisty, and had just enough mystery puzzle pieces to keep me reading intently. It involves a lovely character, a long ago mystery, and coming to terms with your own past ghosts. I have found that this author is a lovely writer, and I have read several novels of hers in a row because of it. 




The second book I read is actually second in a series by Ellery Adams. The Whispered Word, which again, is second in The Secret, Book, and Scone Society novel, is about more secrets, new friendships, trusting others again, and mysteries being solved. The author weaves a lovely tale of suspense, and the process of trusting others again after loss is beautiful. The first in the series was excellent as well, the title being The Secret, Book, and Scone Society. It is a comfortable cozy mystery, that builds up the secrets and teaches us a little lesson on starting over. 


What have you read today? 

Did you love it? 

Happy Friday, literary lovers. 

~The Blissful Book Nurse

Comments

Popular Posts